The Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR) Incident Command Team (ICT) has released COVID-19 guidelines for the Umatilla Indian Reservation (UIR) effective July 1, 2021.
Guidelines are as follows:
· Mask use will no longer be needed in most settings.
· Public Transit, Health Care facilities should continue to have masking policies in place.
· Persons that are high risk are recommended to continue to use a mask in large crowds and in situations where they cannot socially distance themselves.
SOCIAL & AT HOME GATHERINGS
· No limits on the number of persons attending social or at home gatherings.
· Persons hosting gatherings will have the facilities for guests to practice good hand hygiene. Hosts will need to instruct persons that are ill or may have been exposed to stay home. Hosts will encourage persons that are high risk to wear a mask.
RESTAURANTS & SENIOR CENTER
· Indoor dining allowed with 100% occupancy.
· Senior Center allowed with 100% occupancy. This is also addressing the emergency guidance for Senior Centers to provide services as a “cooling” station.
· Encourage high risk patrons to wear a mask. Staff should wear a mask if unvaccinated. Vaccinated staff may be able to go without a mask.
EDUCATION, DAYCARE & SUMMER PROGRAMS
· The following orders will be rescinded: Executive Order 21-06 (K-12 Schools), Executive Order 20-28 (Higher Education), and Executive Order 20-19 (Childcare Facilities).
· Education, Daycare and Summer Programs should follow the ODE guidelines.
· Education, Daycare and Summer Programs should have a communicable disease management plan in place.
Management of each tribal entity including Yellowhawk Tribal Health Center, Wildhorse Resort & Casino, Cayuse Holdings and the Nixyaawii Governance Center will be responsible for issuing safety standards for each facility.